There are many reasons why it may be time to sell your home. You may need more space to make room for a growing family or you need to downsize after your kids leave the nest. Whatever your motivations, you want to make sure that you’re timing it right.
If you sell when home prices are plummeting, you may end up losing on the deal. If you sell when home prices are highest, there may not be a lot of buyers looking to move. So how do you know when it’s a good time to sell?
A qualified agent can help you determine if the market puts you in a good place or not. But for your own personal situation, here are the signs telling you that now is the time to sell your home.
You’ve Outgrown Your Home
Whether you are expecting another child, caring for an aging parent, or have taken in your adult children, when you’ve outgrown your home, it may be time to sell your home. Consider the permanency of the change. Will the kids be there for a long time? How long will you be able to care for your aging parent? Buying a bigger home is one of the main reasons why homeowners choose to sell.
You Need to Make a Change
Change is inevitable. Maybe you’re tired of shoveling snow and you want to live in a warmer climate. Maybe you have to move so you can go after your dream job or you want to be closer to family. When change entails moving, then a home sale becomes necessary.
Home Prices are on the Rise
This is one of the riskiest reasons to sell your home. Sure you may get more than you ever dreamed for your home when prices are on the rise, but that also means that you will pay more for another home. Perhaps your agent can help you find a steal in a new location where prices are more level. Then you will have made a huge profit and a smart move.
You Need to Downsize
Many homeowners are selling in order to downsize. The baby boomer generation is moving into their golden years. The kids are all out of the house and you just don’t need all that space anymore. Selling now could add a nice healthy sum to your nest egg as well. As long as you are smart about how much of that profit to spend on a new place, downsizing could be just the right move for you financially.
You Can No Longer Afford Your Home
Sadly, there are homeowners who just can no longer afford their home. Whether it is due to divorce, illness, a death, a skyrocketing mortgage payment, or the loss of a job, change in your financial circumstances is a big red flashing sign that now is the time to sell your home. Waiting any longer could have catastrophic financial consequences.
In any situation you find yourself in, an experienced agent is the key to helping you achieve your goals. Learn more about how to determine if now is the time to sell your home by contacting us today.
Most homebuyers start the process anxious, excited, nervous, and some are downright terrified. It’s natural. A home is the largest and most expensive purchase that most people will make in a lifetime. It can either turn out to be a complete financial disaster or a smart long-term investment.
The person standing between it being a huge financial mistake or a valuable asset is you, the agent. Still, the agent can only help as much as the buyer allows. As vital as having an experienced agent by their side is, there are things that first-time homebuyers have to do.
Here is a list of tips to help first-time homebuyers help you the agent do the best job that you can do. When you are approached by a first-time homebuyer, share this list with them to help them get off on the right foot.
Tell Your Agent Everything: You don’t want any surprises; neither does your agent. Let them know upfront about any financial issues on your credit report. Be as detailed as possible about your goals and be flexible.
Make Lists: Write out a list of the things that you want and a list of the things that you need in a new home. Share this list with your agent so that they can better help find what you are looking for. Update or add to your list as you think of things and share those changes with your agent.
Keep Notes: Your agent is going to keep solid records of the homes that you see. However you should also keep your own notes as you go to open houses. After each home, share what you liked and what you didn’t like with your agent. That will help him or her narrow the search down for you.
Organize Your Documents: Keep your documents organized and all in one place. If you have a pre-approval letter, keep that with you on house hunts in case you decide to make an offer. Any documents that you will need like inspection reports or appraisals should be readily available as you search for homes.
Stay Positive: Maybe the most important tip for first-time homebuyers is to stay positive. Even after you have found the home that you want, made an offer, and had it accepted, the process of closing the deal can sometimes take longer than you’d like. Stay positive. If you’ve looked at several houses and still haven’t found what you want, stay calm. Trust your agent to get it right for you.
Speaking with an Agent
An agent for first-time homebuyers is an invaluable asset. They can help you navigate the process when you are unsure of what to do next. You could call and speak with an agent if you have general questions. However, if you are ready to seriously start shopping for a home, you need an agent now. Feel free to contact us with your specific questions.
Join EXIT Realty Magic City, the only EXIT Realty franchise in Orlando, FL and become one of the most educated realtors in the industry/ Our core training consists of 12 classes of Real Estate 101 with topics offered by the Real Estate Training Institute www.ifasttrac.com
1. Understanding the Real Estate business and Goal Setting
2. Effective Time Management For Real Estate Success
3. Prospecting & Lead Generation Funnel / Warm Canvassing / Open Houses and Target Marketing & Farming
4. For-Sale-By-Owners and 'Integrated' Just Listed / Just Sold Promotions
5. Expired Listings and 'How To Build A Long-Term Referral-Based Business
6. Buyer Pre-Screening, Evaluation, Qualification, and Counseling
7. Presentation Power Marketing (Listing) Presentation Parts 1 & 2
8. Presentation Power Marketing (Listing) Presentation Parts 3 & 4
9. Power Pricing: 'How To' Control The Pricing Strategy
10. Objection Handling Power
11. Closing Power
12. Presenting The Offer And Negotiation Power
Followed by our offering of the impactful Real Estate 201 - Everything you need to know about online marketing in Real Estate, including:
1. Inbound Marketing, Psychology of Search, and your Profile Signature
2. Web Crawlers, Indexing, and the Role of Search Marketing
3. Internet Marketing Bio, Visibility, and Inbound Validation
4. Real Estate Web Platforms, Tools, and Web Marketing
5. Lead Management Systems and Successful Leads Conversion Techniques
6. The Role of Email Marketing, Email Scripts, and End of Week Success Habits
7. Landing Pages for Lead Conversion and Local Markets
8. Real Estate Blogging for Long Term SEO Visibility
9. Direct Response Marketing and Real Estate Internet Farming
10. Social Media Postings for Lead Generation and Validation
11. Real Estate Video Marketing and Narration Visualization
12. Real Estate Video Marketing and Narration Visualization
Make your listings stand out and your sellers will be elated.
These classes are taught by the master educators of Kevin Ahearn and Key Yessad and brought to you by the broker Jarrett West, the real estate professional and broker owner who services Audubon Park, Colonialtown, Thornton Park, Downtown Orlando, Baldwin Park, Azalea Park, Coytown, Lake Eola Heights, South Eola, Lawsona, Fern Creek, Park Lake, Orwin Manor, Rose Isle, Rowena Gardens, Lake Formosa, College Park, Lake Como, Dover Shores, Conway, Bel Air, The Milk District and Mills 50, 32803, 32801, 32814, 32806, 32792, 32789, 32807... Join the team of highly educated Real Estate professionals in Orlando and Winter Park or let us serve you! Call 407-227-4800 or 407-388-7777 today!
Lake Eola Heights North – Multi units & condos available in downtown Orlando.
Within walking distance of all entertainment and dining/ nightlife /lifestyle, including Thornton Park and Mills 50 & the Milk District, Lake Eola, Baldwin Park and the Orlando Urban Trail, 32801 & 32803.
There are 12 units in 3 separate buildings! Immaculate, no repairs needed!
Low maintenance, modern. Individual condos for sale. Also, there is a 12 unit, multi unit complex, off market, and we can take offers today!
Close to Eola Charter School, St James Cathedral School, Trinity Prep downtown, Howard Middle School, FAMU College of Law, Lake Highland Prep, New Preparatory School or Orlando, The Christ School, Trinity Lutheran, The Magnolia Preschool, and great housing option for UCF Executive Development Center, Webster University, UCF Center for Emerging media center.
For 20 years vacation rentals have been part of my business. This offering is of a particularly beautiful and extremely well-built vacation home community. Higher end finishes are standard. These superb finishes are the best I have ever seen in vacation rentals.
Located less than 2 miles from Disney entrance road.
Resort-Like Swimming Pool
2 Tennis Courts
Future Nature Trail
Highest energy rating
Poured 2nd floor concrete
Spray foam insulation – saves 30%-50%
High end cabinets and flooring
European quartz counters
Stainless Steel and Black Stainless Steel Appliances
Thermostat and wifi controlled on your cell phone
Latest Construction Technology & Modern interior design
3 bedroom townhome = 5,000
4 Bedroom townhome = 9,900
ALL UNITS 2200SF+ with private pool
GUARANTEED RENT!- 2 management companies who will contractually meet rental occupancy and income.
30% down is a must and protects against future foreclosure.
200 units have been sold and 650 additional are permitted.
Please contact me for additional details.
Office – 407388-7777
Cell - 407-227-4800
3% of purchase price referral fee for out of state real estate agents!!
Best value for vacation home purchase in Orlando, Clermont for under 0,000
Why Buy a Vacation Home in Orlando?
1. Vacation home ownership means a second home that you enjoy when you want,
and is an active investment while you are away
2. This new trend is booming and eﬀecting the world's greatest destinations and traditional hotel stays. Projected growth is 6.8% by 2021
• 95.8 million visitors came to Florida in the first nine months of 2018
• Orlando ranks among the largest tourism markets in the world
• Consumer spending on tourism increased to .8 billion
• 2018 BY THE NUMBERS
• Magic Kingdom - 20.8 million visitors (up 2%)
• Animal Kingdom - 13.7 million visitors (up 10%)
• Hollywood Studios - 11.2 million visitors (up 5%)
• Epcot - 12.4 million visitors (up 2%)
• Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon - 4.2 million visitors (up 8%)
• • Universal Studios - 10.7 million visitors ( up 5% )
• • Islands of Adventure - 9.7 million visitors (up 2.5%)
• • Volcano Bay - 1.7 million visitors (up 15%)
• • A fourth park is in the planning stage with over 530 acres set aside on Universal Blvd
• for development. Look for the land to open before 2025
SEA WORLD AND LEGOLAND
• • Seaworld Orlando welcomed nearly 4.6 million visitors last year, up 16% from 2017.
• • Mako, is the fastest, tallest and longest roller coaster in Orlando, located in Seaworld.
• • Aquatica Orlando, Seaworlds’ Water Park, welcomed 1.5 million visitors, up 8% from 2017.
• • Legoland opened a new Lego Movie Land in March of 2019.
WORLD CLASS SHOPPING
WORLD CLASS DINING
TOP CONVENTION DESTINATION (creates high demand for lodging)
New Airport terminal at OIA
I-4 Ultimate construction project
High Speed train from Orlando to Miami to Tampa including stops at Walt Disney World and the Orlando International airport
EXIT Realty MAGIC CITY
cell - 407-227-4800
office - 407-388-7777
Baldwin Park is a neighborhood in Orlando, Florida with a population of 16,937. It is in Orange County and is one of the best places to live in Florida. Living in here offers residents an urban feel as it is located adjacent to Orlando, Winter Park & Audubon Park. Most residents own their homes. Nearby restaurants include Colibri Mexican Cuisine, Seito Sushi, Sea Thai, Gators Dockside, The Osprey Tavern, Meza Mediterranean Grill and Five Guys. The public schools are highly rated. Many families and young professionals live in Baldwin Park.
Baldwin Park, 32814
#3 in Best Neighborhoods to Raise a Family in Orlando By Niche Marketing.
Status: 20 Active Listings
Average Days on Market is 87 days
Average asking price per square foot is 9
Status: 46 Sold in past 6 months
Average Days on Market is 104 days, with a median of 69
Average asking price per square foot is 2
SCHOOLS SERVICING BALDWIN PARK
Winter Park High School
Glenridge Middle School
Baldwin Park Elementary School
Orlando Music Institute
International Dermal Institute
Florida correctional academy
Bright Horizons at Baldwin Park
Little Aquatics Swim Lessons
Eastland Christian School
Baldwin Oaks Academy
Recycling Revolution Art School
Seminole County Music Together
Brookshire Elementary School
Beeman Park Preparatory School
Access Charter School
Audubon Park K-8 School
Good Shepherd Catholic School
CONTACT ME FOR A HOME EVALUATION
EXIT Realty Magic City
65 offices in FLorida